Sunday, November 12, 2006

SAFF

I attended SAFF 06 and had a wonderful time ! here is the link to the SAFF site for those who may not have seen it before http://www.saffsite.org/page.php?page=home.htm
I will be an instructor for fine detail needlefelting next year, and will be holding an 8 hour class .. crazy right? possibly ! I was a little overwhelmed by the huge amount of ppl at SAFF, but the puppet I made after my angora doe Luci won the needlefelting competetion so that made me very happy. I bought some fleeces from Dan-Vir sheep, they have georgus covered cormos and colored corriedales that are "to die for " and I always try to buy a fleece from them. My friend Laurie Andreacci from Lauries lambs also needs to put a fleece or 3 on the SAFF show table for me to show off for her, her shetland fiber is beautiful , and sooo soft. maybe I can coax her into it for next year... hoping I will be able to get a good photo of the things Im creating with my needlefelting and put it up soon. Elizabeth Ashford put my Giraffe in the newest edition of "the wheel " magazine and WOW was I thrilled! anyway SAFF was a huge success and the puppets recieved a wonderful reception for their big debut!
thanks to any and all who attended ! Melissa

No comments: