Wednesday, November 15, 2006

another puppet




I realize photos of 2 or 3 puppets on this blog site cannot really give the desired effect but I am trying to show some of my sculpture without being boring.
I am also working on 2 new projects that I will finish as I have time and most likely after the holidays .
but then again that will also depend on how heavy lambing is then too... all my adult ewes should be delivering lambs jan-Feb time frame.
My puppets are derived from photos of actual animals. Because I breed all white corriedales,my inspiration for other breeds of sheep, Llamas, alpacas etc, comes from pictures I liked. not always from "requested " work. so, just because I used a specific ram as my "model" does not mean that puppet was sold to the ppl who owned that ram.
so if you see a puppet that really "looks" like an animal you have, it may still be available for sale.
soon I will be ordering brass lamb ear tags, they will be engraved with my first initial and last name. and then numbered on the back. I felt this way, if I tag and "number" my work , people will know they recieved an authentic peice of my work, and that even 2 or 3 years down the road, if they give me the number, I will have a reference point , in referring to a peice of work I may have sold.
Yes I use all corriedale in all of my puppets. The outer fluffy wool may be any numbers of fibers but the base sculpture, (that even without the wool just looks like that species of animal only with a very close shave,) that is all corriedale.
yes, from here. I use that because it felts consistently and I have little guessing to do when working with it.
soon I will publish a "puppet in the works" here. so everyone can "watch it come along"
but until then I must go make more Santas :) happy holidays ! Melissa

No comments: