Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring fiber flings.

Currently im knitting and preparing to "full" a couple of hats I will put my own needlefelted designs onto. I Hope to have a couple for sale at the Dunn Fiber Festival, but at the very least some for SAFF. Im getting a little excited about MDS&W , and my potential entry , he is coming along well, but I need to keep going, get it finished and not be working my fingers to the bone right before we leave. I dont know how I will avoid it because I have everyone to shear, wool to get ready to braid into rug mugs.. as a "local" contribution for the museum here.
I have put in most of my compost and am trying a no-till garden, that composte wise is in layers , and from all I have read is called "lasagne" gardening
First I made basic raised areas in my normal garden , I put manure heavy with hay sdown first then manure/shavings and on top of that , actual dark composted materials.. I then covered it with a black rubber roof.
I will post pictures as spring gets more into swing and the plants go in..

here is a little no bake recipe for a great cheesecake that I made up.

I hope you enjoy it and it is awesome with fresh strawberries.
you will need
grahm cracker crust
2 bars cream cheese,
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 box vanilla pudding.
a small container whipped cream.
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/3 c sugar
soften cream cheese mix in yogurt, sour cream , sugar, vanilla,lemon juice.mix well with hand mixer until creamy...
add in 1 box vanilla pudding.. fold in 1 container whipped cream. add fruit if desired.
pour into grahm cracker crust... chill and serve.

hope you love it !
be sure to let me know if you do want more of my homemade recipes...
and remember we love cheese.
so most of our recipes have lots of it in there.

we currently have added 3 new white angora babies to the farm and they are playing king of the mountian. as I can catch them I will surely get more pictuires of them as well.
please pass our blog on to any and all ppl that you think may be interested in it !

Melissa